ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Brand Manager of Innovation & Insights
Bob Evans Farms is a $640MM business operating in multiple convenience foods categories within grocery. It holds #1 market positions in 3 of the 7 categories in which it does business. This winning brand has been experiencing strong growth, a trend it’s expecting to continue mostly through its leadership in the refrigerated dinner and breakfast categories. In addition to its flagship Bob Evans Farms brand, its portfolio proudly includes Owens, Simply Potatoes, All Whites egg whites, Better N’ Eggs, Davidson’s, Abbottsford Farms and Pineland Farms.
Bob Evans Farms products are distributed nationally in retailers throughout North America. This includes national grocery chains like Kroger, Safeway, Whole Foods Market, and SUPERVALU; mass merchants Target and Walmart; as well as club stores and via e-commerce.
The Brand Manager, Innovation will play a key role in driving growth and opening up new channels and markets for Bob Evans. Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager, Innovation & Consumer Insights this position is responsible for delivering winning innovations that meet the demands of our consumers and customers, can be successfully marketed across multiple sales channels and will ensure profitable growth and long-term health for the company. This person will excel at project management, and be able to bring together a cross-functional team to deliver on project goals.
New item profitability, increased household penetration and increased brand affinity are some of the critical metrics this role will be measured on. This marketing opportunity will require the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, multi-task, manage a team and keep various projects on track. Strong leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal, will be required to keep other functional areas apprised of and engaged in team initiatives.
- Recommend and develop new products that position our brands for future growth, in partnership with the NPD team.
- Help maintain a healthy innovation pipeline with a minimum two-year horizon.
- Lead innovation projects through the company’s stage-gate process to ensure that we’re strategically focused, that we’re making the best use of our innovation team resources and that our decisions align to our business needs.
- Ensure that proper financial assessments are completed on all innovation projects and that proper sign-offs occur as part of process requirements.
- Works closely with the brand marketing team, sales, operations and finance to ensure that new items are incorporated properly into annual plans and capacity models.
- Works with marketing, sales and category management to develop sell-in stories and promotional support plans to ensure a successful launch.
- Tracks new item performance and reports-out to the enterprise and key leadership on results.
- Manage post-launch lifecycle actions including product enhancements and optimizations as needed.
- Use innovation to drive business efficiencies in operations to improve profitability while balancing those needs against consumer and customer wants.
- Maintains detailed knowledge and understanding of consumer and customer needs, competitors and food industry trends.
- Mine data and consumer insights in order to keep innovations consumer-grounded and to ensure high profit potential for items that make it to market.
- Partner extensively with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment.
- Exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with various levels of the organization and with outside partners. Must be an absolute professional, able to motivate others to do their best work.
- Must provide clear prioritization and direction to team members and to align resources to deliver against key priorities.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in marketing with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in marketing, consumer insights or a related field. In order to be successful, the candidate should have strong project management expertise and experience managing cross-functional teams. The candidate must also demonstrate proficiency in marketing competencies with particular strength in innovation, consumer insights and strategic thought leadership. A thorough understanding of marketing and business functions within a CPG company is necessary. Experience and understanding of sales, trade, category management, brand management and marketing/advertising is also a plus. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as demonstrated ability in written and oral communication. It is also favorable that the successful candidate has proven success in multiple product categories and varied brand portfolios. In addition to the marketing knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above, the leadership and interpersonal qualities we seek in this role are as follows:
- Servant leader with ego in check. Must have patience to teach and mentor, and be able to provide direct reports and cross-functional team members with room to run. Does not mistake style for substance and knows when to lead and when to follow.
- Effective team player focused on the good of the organization over self-promotion.
- Active listener and skilled integrator.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and project management skills; able to manage multiple projects at once with the ability to prioritize workload.
- A “thinker" and a “doer."
- Must always behave as a professional. Able to represent Bob Evans culture and values with every person they interact with regardless of level/title.
- Achievement-driven with a focus on results and business performance, even when it means pushing back and challenging the status quo, albeit in a respectful manner.
- Self-assured without being arrogant.
- Someone who thrivesin a high-energy, fast-paced, collaborative environment and who treats team members and outside partners with respect.
- Strong project management ability with excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Power Point and Excel).
- Sound financial and analytical skills.
- Creative strategic thinker andproblem solver, accustomed to working in teams.
- Must possess strong business judgment, leadership and integrity.
- He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business.
- A solid leader with the ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team. He/she should foster innovative thinking, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results.
- Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long-term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda to the benefit of the organization.
- A self-starter who holds themselves and their team accountable for performance while still able to keep it fun!
The employee must be willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE