ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Technician - Maintenance
- Maintenance of various plant machines.
- Trouble-shoot and repair-electrical, mechanical, pneumatic or hydraulic components.
- Uses prints, specifications, follows verbal instructions to make repairs to ordinary plumbingand electrical systems. Install and thread pipe, perform soldering and cutting.
- Assist in the installation of equipment.
- Assist in preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment.
- Perform general maintenance of building and equipment.
- Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Fabricates replacement parts.
- Comply with applicable environment, health, and safety rules, procedures, laws and accepted safe work practices.
- Report all unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, and injuries to the appropriate person or office.
- Basic electrical/mechanical/welding knowledge in a Food ManufacturingEnvironment preferred.
- Requires judgment to make decisions regarding sequence of maintenance operations to be performed within the limits of standard practice.
- Ability to work in somewhat disagreeable conditions, dust, noise, fumes and vibrations.
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Two or more year’s industrial equipment experience required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires sitting, and climbing or balancing under 1/3 of the time. Will be walking and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling 1/3 to 2/3 of the time, and standing, using hands to finger, handle, or feel, reaching with hands and arms and talking or hearing over 2/3 of the time. Must be able to lift weights ranging from 10 to more than 100 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will be exposed to work in high, precarious place, and outdoor weather conditions under 1/3 of the time. Will work near moving mechanical parts over 2/3 of the time. Typical noise level is loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment).
BEF foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE