ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Specialist 2 - Safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position serves as the subject matter expert in EHS and is responsible for implementing and executing safety programs that effectively lead the safety culture of the Xenia plant. This position is responsible for providing sound leadership and management to the Xenia facility’s safety, security and environmental programs to ensure compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety legislation.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of all safety policies and procedures established for the production area.
- Responsible for completing all job safety analysis for all positions in the plant and keeping them up to date annually.
- Responsible for completing all accident investigations, reporting findings back to plant manager and supervisors.
- Coordinates with the Division Safety Manager to maintain plant safety and compliance training records
- Reviews employee training for each work assignment to assure safety in operation and quality compliance.
- Complies with and enforces company safety programs and policies
- Direct the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness.
- Coordinates with the plant manager on safety/loss control issues.
- Actively participate as a lead Safety Committee member.
- Works with the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure all food safety and safety related compliance training is accomplished for all new hires, required annual updates and maintenance specific training through our e- learning system
- Coordinates with the Division Safety Manager and Plant Manager to maintain all plant specific programs including the following:
- Safety & Risk Management Process (SRMP)
- Emergency Response
- PSM and RMP Ammonia programs
- Lock-Out Tag-Outof power equipment
- Machine Guarding
- Permit Required Confined Space
- Hazard Communications- Material Safety Data sheets
- Blood Borne Pathogen
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Incident Reporting / Accident Investigation
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
Must have proven experience developing and implementing EHS policies and procedures.
Applied knowledge of environmental, health and safety laws and regulations (OSHA and EPA)
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Basic computer skills, Word and Excel; Oracle
Bachelor’s degree; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be available to provide support for manufacturing operations, including weekend and off shift hours
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE