ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Research & Development Manager
Research & Development
- Responsible in development of complex products or technology platforms through designing, planning, and execution of experiments while demonstrating a range of creativity.
- Demonstrate a complete knowledge of all available food ingredients; identify and evaluate potential new ingredients. Rapidly formulate most food products independently and formula more complex food products or technology platforms.
- Scale-up products from bench top to the pilot plant to the plant required for commercial production scale-up.
- Design and develop the next generation processing techniques that result in cheaper, better customer perceived quality or improved shelf-life products. Routinely recommend process innovations and influence process decisions.
- Work with cross functional teams as required (marketing, sales, operations, quality control, packaging, regulatory, other R&D areas of discipline and special operating groups). Can sell strategy and able to influence others. Help others generate breakthrough ideas.
- Draft standards and specifications on finished products and ingredients used with minimal assistance. Generate food labels with all information covered.
- Identify primary experimental variables and draft routine experimental designs independently; can readily utilize statistics in designing and interpreting experiments and use experience to see patterns and trends.
- Write clear and concise technical reports; expert level presentation and communication skills.
- Anticipate and reach out to external resources when necessary.
- Encourage information sharing across boundaries to solve problems. Coach others on how to source and analyze information to solve problems and make appropriate decisions.
- Develop and lead collaboration groups on technical matters to achieve goals.
- Encourage and lead others with ability in involving key members in the organization to support initiatives.
- Envision application or market opportunities that others have not identified.
- Recognized as a mentor to others and considered a technical expert outside of RD&I team.
- Able to anticipate barriers and influence course direction.
- Infuse clarity in project structure, accountability and goals. Eliminate unnecessary bureaucracy and processes.
- Keep up-to-date on all technical advances around the world and is capable of adapting and utilizing these technologies.
- D. in Food Science or related technical field and 10+ year’s experience in Food Technology or M.S. in Food Science, or related technical field and 20+ year’s experience in Food Technology.
- Exhibit a professional attitude at all times; demonstrate a cooperative demeanor and willingness to help others. Ability to navigate self and others through conflict.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and problem solving skills. Demonstrate ability to coach others.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Rapidly learn other pertinent software as the job requires.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledgeable of USDA, FDA, and other local, state, and federal food laws.
- Demonstrate a complete knowledge of all available food ingredients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE