About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
- Carries supervisory accountability and responsibility in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work of skilled and semi-skilled trades personnel.
- Addresses performance; mentoring, appraising work, rewarding and disciplining employees and resolving problems
- Develops facility and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Serves as Project Manager on the implementation, integration and installment of plant equipment and support systems.
- Work with Plant Manager and Operations Manager to develop annual facilities and equipment improvement plans.
- Directs staff in electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment; direct workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery or equipment.
- Assesses equipment needs and takes proactive approach to preventing equipment failures. Directs preventative and predictive maintenance on complex mechanical equipment and distribution systems.
- Leads the performance of emergency repairs on process equipment.
- Ensures the Inspection of facility equipment on a daily basis; following up on or performing various production startup and coverage tasks.
- Supervises and assists staff in Trouble-shooting any repairs; PLC, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic or hydraulic components.
- Suggests PLC program modifications to enhance operating performance and reliability.
- Directs staff in the use of prints, specifications, follows verbal instructions to make repairs to ordinary refrigeration, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Assists in the installation of equipment.
- Provides machine specific training to all technicians.
- Validates skill levels of maintenance technicians
- Trains advanced level technicians in advanced trouble shooting of refrigeration and process controls. Ensures adherence to plant PSM procedures and tracking.
- Coordinates plans and schedules work of outside contractors.
- Coordinates ordering of materials/maintains supply of spare parts.
- Ensures the maintenance and use of computerized maintenance systems (EAM/Oracle).
- Communicates and works with people from all levels and departments of the company, including corporate engineering functions.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires sitting, and climbing or balancing. Will be walking and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling and standing, using hands to finger, handle, or feel, reaching with hands and arms and talking or hearing. Must be able to lift weights ranging from 10 to more than 50 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will be exposed to work in high, precarious place, and outdoor weather conditions under 1/3 of the time. Will work near moving mechanical parts over 2/3 of the time. Typical noise level is moderate to loud.
BEF Foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.