About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager
This position is responsible for ensuring all products and ingredients meet the established quality and food safety standards by ensuring compliance with all relevant USDA and other regulatory guidelines established for food manufacturing. Individual in this position must be capable of engaging other business units in development and standardization of quality manuals, policies, procedures, audit standards and Quality Key Performance Indicators. Ability to drive organizational alignment on food safety and quality objectives with an enterprise-wide mindset a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and resolve food safety and/or quality issues with sustainable corrective actions.
- Lead teams focused on investigation and improvement of quality issues such as consumer complaints, specification deviations, and/or processing challenges.
- Provide leadership in the development, training, execution, and verification/validation of all quality systems.
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory, customer, and corporate programs. Lead and participate in regulatory, customer, and internal audits. Provide leadership in the development, training and maintenance of the plant Food Safety and Quality programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GFSI standards.
- Maintain consistent communication and fosters teamwork between all local personnel, departments and shifts.
- Primary contact for internal and external customers.
- Insure company policies and procedures are fairly administered between departments and shifts.
- Responsible for developing annual Quality and Sanitation budgets and managing cost control throughout the calendar year.
- Champions the use of Quality Improvement Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring plant sanitation programs to ensure a safe and wholesome product supply.
- Strong SPC background to manage the collection, trending, and reporting of data to identify root cause and areas of opportunity including but not limited to key product attributes, shelf life, and productivity while maintaining quality.
- Provides leadership to help ensure a safe work environment throughout the plant. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Assume personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in group situations. Ability to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including management.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
BEF Foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
Bachelors or better in Food Science or related field.
Minimum 5-7 years supervisory or managerial experience in a food plant manufacturing environment. USDA experience highly desired.