About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
Poultry Health Intern - Farms
Farm Ops Production
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
The Michael Foods family of businesses has grown to become amulti-billion manufacturer of foodservice, food ingredient and retail offerings by introducing innovative products that have changed the food landscape. From helping restaurant owners enhance the quality of their menus, to supporting food manufacturers with premium ingredients, to satisfying countless consumers with our popular lines, we’re a proven, innovative leader in food.
This is a summer internship for a student interested in poultry health. The student will be trained in proper necropsy techniques, sampling techniques, biosecurity, and other opportunities as they arise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for independent work including routine necropsies, initial mortality investigations, and obtaining scheduled samples at pullet and layer farms.
- Required to document findings and send reports to the farm supervisors, managers, and veterinarian.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned and may include laboratory testing
- Student will be required to create a final presentation describing the summer internship.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Poultry experience.
- Abe to demonstrate an understanding of basic health and biosecurity principles.
- Able to travel and work on their own in commercial poultry houses.
- University/college student.
- Must have own transportation and housing.
- Post-graduate student with experience in poultry industry.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the responsibilities or duties required. For immediate consideration submit your resume/application online at www.michaelfoods.com/careers.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)