About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
Poultry Care Person 1 - Big Red
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
Employee is responsible for the husbandry of birds and egg production. Employee makes sure birds have the adequate temperature and lighting, feeding and water and a clean environment. Daily tasks include, cleaning, pulling mortality and keeping water readings as well as production flow. Responsible for keeping daily charts on water, temperatures and maintenance under the UEP Guidelines and Animal Care.
- Operates 1- house
- Responsible for making sure the chickens have adequate water, feed, and proper temperatures maintained.
- Responsible for disinfecting ones house.
- Responsible for maintaining and operating medication pumps.
- Responsible for poultry house breast guard clip install.
- Keep layer house clean.
- Assist with maintenance as needed.
- Responsible for keeping daily charts on water, temperatures and maintenance under the UEP Guidelines and Animal Care.
- Must work closely supervisor and maintenance.
- Responsible for weighing birds and collecting case weights weekly.
- Keep all feed chains and egg belts working at all times.
- Keep egg savers working at all times.
- Keep egg collectors clean & adjusted at all times
- Keep egg roll-offs clean and adjusted at all times.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Keep all catwalks clean.
- Keep all birds in allowed permitted space ( off the floor )
- Keep all fans, screens and motors clean and protected with shields.
- Responsible for removing all dead chickens and counting them daily.
- Responsible to monitor mortality (report increase promptly to supervisor or lead).
- Responsible to monitor egg loss.
- Maintain and replace water regulators, egg rollers, sprockets, feed chains and header shear pins as needed.
- Maintenance work must be done immediately, if major problems arises contact supervisor.
- Keep the floor under units clean.
- Report anything out of the ordinary to maintenance or supervisor.
- Adhere to safe work practices, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract digit numbers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licenses, certificates, and registrations required:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Free of any breathing or asthmatic conditions, dusty and aromatic conditions prevail. Must able to pass pulmonary functions test and fit tested.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. in each hand and carry it for at least 250 feet.
- Ability to be in various positions, bending, kneeling and crawling, climbing, etc…;
- Have the full use of all limbs
- Have basic math skills.
- Be able to work individually or with a team with minimal supervision.
- Be able to work weekends, holidays and over time as needed.
- Must be able to pass and follow Lock Out Tag Out Trained and Respiratory Trained
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.