ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
QA/ Food Safety Lead Tech
- Perform all duties of the QA Technicians.
- Guide QA Techs in problem solving and answering questions.
- Perform Environmental monitoring swabs, help with sampling lists and site investigations.
- Training of QA Technicians on floor duties and policy.
- Review and interpret lab results.
- Manage Hold tags on the floor and in the Oracle system.
- Perform validation and/or investigation projects.
- Product testing for chemical attributes on the floor.
- Approve/Deny Specification variance evaluations.
- Perform calibration steps for equipment.
- Participate in sensory panels.
- Assist Internal Auditor with record reviews and plant compliance audits.
- Any other job functions as delegated by Sr. QA Manager.
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Office, Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent reasoning and mathematical Skills
- Strong leadership skills
- 5-6 years’ experience in a similar job function
- Food manufacturing experience desired
- Experience in reviewing results and correlating to acceptable/unacceptable results
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.
Thought Provoking:Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE