ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures, and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. Ensures regulatory compliance. Lockout tag out enforcement, SRMP element teams’ enforcement, and ownership of all production exempt leaders.
In charge of handling manufacturing processes on third shift and/or coordinating sanitation processes on the production lines if the manufacturing line is not scheduled. Planning orders, implementing quality standards, developing production schedules, recruiting, training of production staff and/or sanitation staff following safe practices related to chemicals used during the sanitation shift.
- Assumes personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Provide overall leadership and direction for plant production staff and/or sanitation staff.
- Implement continuous improvement strategies to meet & exceed plant KPIs. Ensure weekly/monthly sanitation master sanitation processes are being completed and reviewed.
- Encourage, motivate, and coach production/sanitation hourly team members to meet and exceed productivity & financial KPIs.
- Monitor and set standards for production/sanitation hourly and help identify and correct bottlenecks.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions & ensure product quality is maintained.
- Supervise and manage employees by ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed,
- Train and coach production or sanitation Leads to evaluate employee performance.
- Conduct frequent line tours and adhere to standard work.
- Ensure that all paperwork is accurate, complete, and on time.
- Communicate with managers, other supervisors and HR about status of employees on regular basis.
- Lead and conduct safety training chemical training and make sure all employees have required safety equipment.
- Promote team environment and facilitate cross functional teams to drive Safety, Quality, and Productivity improvements.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of all BEF and private label products.
- Report any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Become a captain or team member of an SRMP safety element.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Routinely work an off-shift, i.e. second shift or third shift at least once a quarter to validate expectations are being met with off-shift leaders that report to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience working in the production department of a food manufacturing company.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including management.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- HACCP 101, Lean Manufacturing preferred. Previous sanitation experience
- Ability to meet production timelines.
- Computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel, SAP/Oracle software.
- Ability to effectively facilitate Work Team meetings.
- Foster the Continuous Improvement philosophy.
- Ability to identify and implement solutions using the team process.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including verbal and written.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE