ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. Ensures regulatory Compliance. Lock out tag out enforcement, SRMP element team ownership and ownership of all production non-exempt employees.
In charge of handling manufacturing processes and coordinating production line workers. Planning orders, implementing quality standards, developing production schedules, recruiting and training staff, and managing non-exempt production team members.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Provide overall leadership and direction for non-exempt plant production team members.
- Implement continuous improvement strategies to meet & exceed plant KPIs. Participation in monthly CI meetings and enrollment in CI courses.
- Encourage, motivate, and coach production non-exempt team members to meet and exceed productivity & financial KPIs.
- Monitor and set standards for production and help identify and correct bottlenecks.
- Controls financial spend related to hourly labor and OT costs.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions & ensure product quality is maintained.
- Supervise and manage employees by ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Train and coach hourly production leads on time management skills.
- Conduct frequent line tours and adhere to standard work.
- Ensure that all paperwork is accurate, complete, and on time.
- Communicate with managers and other supervisors about status of employees and production.
- Coordinate production schedule with required maintenance and follow up to ensure maintenance is effective.
- Lead and conduct safety training and make sure all employees have required safety equipment.
- Promote team environment and facilitate cross functional teams to drive Safety, Quality, and Productivity improvements. Ensure of the completion computer-based training for all non-exempt production team members.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of all BEF and private label products.
- Report any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Periodically work an off-shift, i.e. second shift or third shift at least once a month to validate safety scans expectations are being met with off-shift non-exempt hourly team members.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) high school degree or equivalent some technical collegeAssociates or bachelors preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience working in the production department of a food manufacturing company.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including management.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- HACCP 101, Lean Manufacturing preferred but not required.
- Ability to meet production timelines.
- Computer literacy, including MS Word and Excel, SAP/Oracle software.
- Ability to effectively facilitate Work Team meetings.
- Foster the Continuous Improvement philosophy.
- Ability to identify and implement solutions using the team process.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including verbal and written.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE