ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Manager - QA & Food Safety
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership in the development, training, execution, and verification/validation of all quality systems.
- Ensures compliance to all regulatory, customer, and corporate programs. Leads and participates in regulatory, customer, and internal audits. Provides leadership in the development, training and maintenance of the plant Food Safety and Quality programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GFSI standards.
- Maintains consistent communication and fosters teamwork between all local personnel, departments and shifts.
- Primary contact for internal and external customers.
- Insures company policies and procedures are fairly administered between departments and shifts.
- Responsible for developing annual Quality and Sanitation budgets and managing cost control throughout the calendar year.
- Champions the use of Quality Improvement Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring plant sanitation programs to ensure a safe and wholesome product supply.
- Strong SPC background to manage the collection, trending, and reporting of data to identify root cause and areas of opportunity including but not limited to key product attributes, shelf life, and productivity while maintaining quality.
- Provides leadership to help ensure a safe work environment throughout the plant. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field.
Minimum 5-7 years’ supervisory or managerial experience in a food plant manufacturing environment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in group situations. Ability to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including management.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Completed PCQI training
- SQF Edition 8
- Certified HACCP Manager
- Internal Auditor training
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal.
- Able to develop and motivate salaried and hourly personnel.
- Able to work overtime, weekends, and off shifts as required or deemed necessary.
- Experience or knowledge of all applicable food industry related quality systems.
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE