ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Maintenance Technician (6am-2pm Wages Starting at $18/hr)
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance on complex mechanical equipment and distribution systems.
- Fabricates and assembles equipment which may entail welding, cutting and pipe fitting.
- Performs emergency repairs on process equipment.
- Inspects facility equipment on a daily bases performing various production startup and coverage tasks.
- Trouble-shoots any repairs PLC, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic or hydraulic components.
- Suggests PLC program modifications.
- Uses prints, specifications, follows verbal instructions to make repairs to ordinary plumbing and electrical systems. Installs and threads pipe, performs soldering and cutting.
- Assists in the installation of equipment.
- Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Intermediate to Advanced electrical/mechanical knowledge is required. Must be familiar with electrical schematics.
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting PLC’s.
- Advanced boiler safety knowledge.
- Advanced welding, sanitary tig, Stick and Mig welding.
- Advanced plumbing and HVAC knowledge.
- Capable of operating and troubleshooting ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Understanding of basic lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Requires a good understanding of hydraulic/pneumatic equipment.
- Requires judgment to make decisions regarding sequence of maintenance operations to be performed within the limits of standard practice.
- Ability to work in somewhat disagreeable conditions, dust, noise, fumes and vibrations.
- Ability to work overtime as require
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). A minimum of five or more years of industrial equipment experience required.
- Certified welder.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires sitting, and climbing or balancing under 1/3 of the time. Will be walking and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling 1/3 to 2/3 of the time, and standing, using hands to finger, handle, or feel, reaching with hands and arms and talking or hearing over 2/3 of the time. Must be able to lift weights ranging from 10 to more than 100 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will be exposed to work in high, precarious place, and outdoor weather conditions under 1/3 of the time. Will work near moving mechanical parts over 2/3 of the time. Typical noise level is loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment).
(Follow all SQF principles pertinent to your position as specified by the SQF Practitioner.)
Thought Provoking:Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE