ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Bob Evans Farms is looking for a Yard Hostler to join our Springfield, Ohio Transportation team.
We offer full time employeeshealth, dental, and vision benefits, a generous paid time off plan, company paid life insurance, paid holidays, and a 401K plan with company match.
This position is responsible for moving trailers around the transportation center yard in a safe efficient manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of yard to include washing all equipment and trucks.
- Will operate pallet jack/forklift.
- The “spotting” of trailers at different dock locations at our facility and our partners at the Lineage Distribution center
- Maintain and check all reefer unit temperatures of all of the company’s owned and leased trailers.
- Keep a record of all reefer units’ fluid levels and settings and adjust according to shipping demands and schedules.
- Check all load paperwork for accuracy as well as verifying that all trailers have their registered seals in place.
- All other miscellaneous yard and warehouse as assigned. Will be required to do various local runs depending on freight volumes and demands.
- Must have ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and shipping manifests.
- Must possess a class “A” CDL Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
BEF Foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE