About Post Holdings
All our innovations and accomplishments begin with the work of talented people. At Post Holdings, we give our employees the resources they need to grow a career, no matter where they’re starting from. We’re seeking innovative thinkers, ready to take on everyday challenges and realize their own potential. And it all happens in an environment that respects the relationship between work and life.
Transportation Safety Manager
The Transportation DOT & Safety Manager role is responsible for managing the site environmental, health and safety process for risk reduction, injury prevention, and safety and environmental regulatory compliance as well as DOT regulations at the Springfield, Ohio and Sunnyvale, Texas Transportation locations. Assists the Fleet Manager for DOT and EHS compliance with the execution of the overall environmental and safety process. This role will be responsible for partnering with Operations Leadership to assess the effectiveness of safety, environmental, and security policy/protocol efforts and assists with implementing strategies for continuous improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position serves as the subject matter expert in DOT and EHS and is responsible for implementing and executing environmental and safety programs that effectively lead the safety culture at Transportation. This position is responsible for providing sound leadership and management to Transportation’s safety, security, environmental and DOT programs to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and/or local DOT and Environmental, Health and Safety legislation.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of all safety policies and procedures established for the facility.
- Responsible for completing job safety analysis for all positions in the facility and keeping them up to date annually.
- Responsible for completing all accident investigations, reporting findings back to fleet manager and supervisors.
- Coordinates with the Division Safety Manager to maintain safety metrics and compliance training records
- Coordinates with Division Environmental Manager to maintain all environmental metrics, permits and compliance records
- Reviews employee training for each work assignment to assure safety in operation and quality compliance.
- Complies with and enforces company environmental and safety programs and policies
- Directs the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness.
- Coordinates with the fleet manager on safety/loss control issues.
- Actively participate as a lead Safety Committee member and facilitate monthly safety meetings.
- Works with the Quality Assurance Director to ensure all food safety and safety related compliance training is accomplished for all new hires, required annual updates and maintenance specific training through our e- learning system.
- Conduct/assist new driver orientation and any retraining needed for offenders of DOT regulations.
- Authors, publishes, and administers e-log training program and retraining/counseling programs for drivers with out of service and other log violations that become apparent from the audit process.
- Oversees the department’s drug & alcohol screening program. (DOT required program for drivers and mechanics)
- Coordinates with the Division Safety Manager and Fleet Manager to maintain all plant specific programs including but not limited to the following:
- Safety & Risk Management Process (SRMP)
- Emergency Response
- Environmental Management
- Lock-Out Tag-Outof power equipment
- Machine Guarding
- Permit Required Confined Space
- Hazard Communications- Material Safety Data sheets
- Blood Borne Pathogen
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Incident Reporting / Accident Investigation
Knowledge and Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be available to provide support to operations during the weekend and off shift hours
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.