ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Administrative/Offce & Facilities Services
The hours for this position are 8:00pm-4:30am, Sunday- Thursday.
- Works with the Bob Evans Sales Customer Service department planning ‘less than truckload’ (LTL) and ‘full truckload’ (FTL) shipments to BEF Foods and Bob Evans Transportation customers.
- Leverages multiple systems to input and interpret front haul and backhaul shipment attributes.
- Optimizes shipment plans by taking into account appointment schedules, driver hours of service, freight mix, equipment constraints, etc.
- Finds and secures backhaul freight from shippers. Freight may originate at a BEF facility or at another shipper’s warehouse.
- Negotiates freight rates and service requirements with brokers on virtually all appointments for pickup/delivery.
- Schedules the pickup and delivery appointments for BEF customer shipments.
- Schedules the pickup and delivery of backhauls with brokers, shippers, and receivers.
- Communicates pickup and delivery schedules with drivers.
- Initiates the Over, Short, and Damaged (OS&D) claim process for delivery discrepancies.
- Communicates freight billing to Bob Evans Transportation’s office support team.
- Coordinates solutions with drivers, shippers, and brokers when problems arise such as missing loads, missed pickups, missed deliveries, etc.
- Cross-train into other areas such as driver logs, trip reports, fuel tax reports, and state travel registrations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills, specifically knowledge of TMS software, preferably Oracle, Microsoft Office and mileage software
- Skills in operation and use of a calculator, phone, and fax
- Base knowledge of DOT regulations preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years job-related work experience required
- Prior experience with managing refrigerated freight preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE