ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Logistics Planning Manager
Bob Evans Farms is looking fora Logistics Planning Manager for our Springfield, Ohio location. This position will support manufacturing, scheduling, procurement, logistics, and transportationto improve ship accuracy and fill rates while reducing expenses associated with the manufacture, distribution, and transportation of our finished goods and raw materials.
- Utilize Oracle Order Management, Inventory, and Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) modules, as well as auxiliary reporting, to manage the finished good inventory levels across our distribution network.
- Work with Oracle EBS business analysts to refine system tools and optimize the shipping processes within the Bob Evans distribution network.
- Become a subject matter expert in SAP functionality as our organization begins implementing this operating system across our plant and distribution network.
- Own the relationship with all third party warehouse providers leveraged within the Bob Evans network. Key tasks will include capacity planning, preparation of annual storage profiles, rate negotiations, etc.
- Work with production schedulers, buyers, and material planners to ensure planning tools are providing accurate and timely information.
- Work with logistics analysts to ensure inventory levels and turns align production schedules with plant capacity and optimize manufacturing efficiency while balancing end to end business requirements and processes within the supply chain.
- Collaborate with the Director and Senior Managers of Logistics in the development of our quarterly warehousing budgets.
- Understand the Bob Evans Transportation department and their brokered carrier network.
- Trains users on Oracle applications within the modules pertinent to distribution, inventory planning, and forecasting.
- Track and present all key performance indicators (KPIs) related to warehousing and distribution.
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Power Point, Micro Strategy, and Excel) and an understanding of technology opportunities
- Experience with Oracle, Demantra, and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) preferred
- Understanding the use of statistical tools and analysis
- Strong mathematics competency
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in any of the following fields: Math, Statistics, Business, Supply Chain, Economics or 5-8 years minimum experience in logistics-related field
- Experience with statistics and modeling tools
- Preferred experience with a manufacturing company or equivalent experience, preferably in food processing, in a Planning/Scheduling role.
- Thorough knowledge of business process and an understanding of the varied inputs thatgo into the development of sales forecasts, production schedules, and transportationschedules.
BEF Foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE