About Post Holdings
All our innovations and accomplishments begin with the work of talented people. At Post Holdings, we give our employees the resources they need to grow a career, no matter where they’re starting from. We’re seeking innovative thinkers, ready to take on everyday challenges and realize their own potential. And it all happens in an environment that respects the relationship between work and life.
Farm Lead Person
The primary purpose of this job is to assist the Farm Supervisor, help direct employees, and to monitor the daily work activities of Maintenance, Packers and Poultry Care People.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance, ie.: scheduled days as directed, in relation to production scheduling and or time volunteered for.
- Monitor feed, ventilation, lighting and water in layer houses. Reports discrepancies to management.
- Supervises the removal of mortality from cages daily and documents mortality rates on barn reports.
- Performs repairs on all equipment in assigned layer houses.
- Cleaning of assigned layer houses by sweeping, scraping and dusting. Will assign and manage house people.
- Responsible for the inspection and upkeep of house conditions for assigned section(s).
- Monitor and repair egg handling equipment, packing machine, egg flow, egg counts, and flock records.
- Communicate with farm manager and company veterinarian about flock health concerns.
- Deals with flock health concerns under the guidance of the company veterinarian and/or manager.
- Upkeep of flock records, barn records and NOAH.
- Responsible for allocating labor force evenly and fairly.
- Assigns work schedules and duties as needed to section personnel. Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.