About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
Food Safety Quality Manager - Norwalk Iowa
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
Oversees the application of food safety standards in the food industry. Especially proficient in the adherence of quality standards throughout every phase of food preparation and distribution. Specializes in developing and implementing safety processes.
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads Food Safety and Quality operations by directing quality, laboratory and sanitation department personnel.
- Gathers, analyzes and trends quality and key performance indicators.
- Manages incoming goods, in-process, and finished product testing programs to ensure all Food Safety and Quality specifications are met.
- Maintains SQF Level 3 certification and continued plant improvement through program verification activities.
- Maintains federal, state, and local plant compliance.
- Leads, coaches, mentors, and trains department and plant staff as necessary on core food safety and quality values.
- Participates in regulatory, customer and internal audits by maintaining records, developing new processes, and ensuring compliance.
- Provides leadership in the development, training and execution of the plant SQF, Food Safety Plans and GMP programs.
- Performs duties as a Subject Matter Expert on MFI Quality Systems, interpretation of policy, and effective implementation at the facility level.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field and a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in a food operation to include quality systems responsibilities; or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Able to develop and motivate salaried and hourly personnel.
- Able to work overtime or weekends when required.
- Experience or knowledge of all applicable food industry related quality systems.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.