ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Trade Marketing Manager
The Trade Marketing Manager role will be accountable for sales growth and trade promotion management against revenue and profit objectives for Post Refrigerated Retail Business. This role will be responsible for coordinating sales volume, trade promotion planning, and analysis with Business Development Managers. The position will be a critical link between sales, distribution, and production by working with Demand Planning to produce accurate forecasts resulting in superior customer service. The role requires a person who is analytical and detail-oriented with the ability to think creatively to develop new sales techniques and promotions.
1. Assist in the development of strategic sales and trade plans for Retail Sales Team.
2. Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and Category Management teams on developing the 4P’s (Product, Price, Promotion, Placement) review process focusing on promotional analysis
3. Build and execute customer specific programs that align with brand objectives to drive retail activities in support of the company’s growth and profit objectives
4. Manage, approve and communicate account trade expectations per guidelines while managing within budgetary guidelines
5. Review and translate analytical data into actionable tactics to support Retail Business Development
6. Collaborate in the preparation of product mix reviews, submissions & daily imperatives.
7. Manage and develop databases relating to customer specific expenses, promotional results and sales reports.
8. Manage, develop, and deliver reporting on business initiatives with Finance, Marketing, and Demand Planning departments.
9. Tactical support for the strategic development of sales business plans to deliver customer specific objectives
10. Provide analytics to track and monitor the ROI of Trade funds.
11. Prepare relevant correspondence to internal and external customers to deliver high-level customer service.
12. Develop process and analytics for pre and post promotional analysis
13. Distribute information and advice to field teams on promotional activities.
14. Identify business opportunities based on customer and product group data analytics
15. Demonstrate consistent thought leadership by driving strategic cross-functional projects, process development, and initiative execution, in addition to core responsibilities
16. Build market analysis reports to detail a variety of conditions in the market to deliver to management. These reports provide management with options for various market conditions.
17. Lead initiatives to identify, report, and provide recommendations for executing on opportunities to improve business practices.
18. Make recommendations for changes in sales techniques or promotional efforts to improve sales performance.
19. Gather competitive intelligence and analyze the impact on the market.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE TYPICALLY REQUIRED
• 3-5 years’ experience in sales, finance or trade marketing.
• BS degree in Management, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain or related field.
• Must be able to utilize Excel with a high level of skill.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with IRI and/or AC Nielsen syndicated data, Consumer Panel data.
• Must have knowledge and experience with sales orders and sales promotion.
• Effective time management skills, ability to handle multiple projects, set priorities and plan.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Highly developed analytical ability and strong numerical skills.
• Experience with Oracle EBS preferred.
• Demantra Predictive Trade Planning experience preferred.
• Leverage Excel experience to improve business analyses and improve speed to insight.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance, and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE