ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Human Resources Specialist
The Bob Evans Farms HR Specialist will be cross-trained in various areas of HR responsibilities, but will have specific focus areas. Main areas of focus include: HR administrative duties, assisting with employee inquiries, managing the recruitment process, and overall general HR support for the team.
• Manages pipeline of qualified candidates and fosters positive networking relationships
• Confers with hiring managers to ensure recruitment and selection process is moving forward in a productive and efficient manner at all times.
• Develops and executes cutting-edge and relevant sourcing strategies for all open positions.
• Ensures all recruiting related processes are followed for all open positions.
• Assists in developing and executing hiring metrics & related reports.
• Completes general HR recruiting reporting needs as assigned
• Ensures that the Company’s New Hire Orientation Program is being implemented and the company's safety training programs are being followed
• Conducts on-boarding activities for new hires at the corporate office
• Processes contractor roles in the system of record and maintains accuracy
• Completes unemployment & verification inquiries as assigned
• Acts as the backup to payroll processor; to include completion of payroll/wage verifications
• Assists with invoice processing
• Maintains integrity and high level of support for the business
• Builds professional relationships with internal and external customers
• Communicates all HR related issues to the Corporate HR Manager
• Assists with administration of various human resources programs and provides additional support as requested/needed
• Service award program administration
• Updates position descriptions and job postings as needed
• Ensures company bulletin boards are current.
• EBI (I-9) expiration and system maintenance
• Performs administrative duties (data entry, answering phones, photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.)
• Responds to legal inquiries for employee file retrieval (Metafile)
• All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience Typically Required:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of ATS and HRIS systems desired
• Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Power Point, and Excel) and an understanding of technology opportunities
• Basic payroll knowledge(ADP, E-Time preferred)
• Dynamic interpersonal, active listening, and interviewing skills
• Keen analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong planning and organization skills with a focus on delivering results
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Best practices in recruiting, candidate sourcing and closing, on-boarding and new hire orientation
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to prioritize and interact with all levels of management across the organization
• Maintains a high degree of confidentiality
• Excellent organizational and documentation skills
• Excellent customer service skills and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a professional human resources function
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE