ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Director - QA & Food Safety
The key responsibility of this position is to coordinate and ensure the execution of strategic and tactical objectives related to food safety and quality, regulatory and internal compliance, auditing, product recall, and microbiological testing. The position will lead the comprehensive development and deployment of systems and programs, and the effective use of risk assessment techniques, to drive continuous improvement related to food safety and quality within the company’s manufacturing facilities. The Director will provide leadership and direction to the food safety and quality function in designated manufacturing facility’s/categories, to provide ongoing and consistent compliance to corporate and regulatory expectations.
1. Function as a technical expert regarding food safety and quality systems within the company, including regulatory and company policy, FSMA final rules, GFSI Food Standards, Codex Alimentarious Food Hygiene Standards, cGMPs and cGLPs.
2. Lead the Food Safety effort in designated facilities, including developing strategies, objectives, and priorities.
3. Publish and deliver annual operating strategic plans related to food safety and quality.
4. Ensure effective Food Safety and Quality linkage and alignment to higher-level Supply Chain and enterprise-wide priorities.
5. Ensure food safety and quality expectations are built into key cross functional processes from concept through commercialization.
6. Lead laboratory operations across their designated facilities to assure performance excellence, new method identification and implementation, standardization, and ongoing lab accreditations.
7. Prepare the organization for heightened regulatory expectations by developing enhanced quality and food safety programs across the supply chain.
8. Identify areas of opportunity or concern related to Food Safety and Quality, and develop appropriate solutions to address those concerns.
9. Leverage continuous improvement tools and industry best practices to improve quality and food safety processes.
10. Represent Food Safety and Quality function to all business teams and serve as a conduit for information. Improve visibility to food safety and quality performance across the organization.
11. Transform data into meaningful and actionable information by developing new metrics and defined activities that will drive improvement.
12. Interact effectively at all levels of the organization, influence key stakeholders, and constructively manage possible conflict.
13. Provide support to the Customer Service and Sales teams in support of customer concerns and technical inquiries.
14. Provide facility, equipment, and personnel practice inspection services on a routine basis within designated MFI facilities to identify and correct potential hazards related to food safety, quality, and regulatory compliance.
- Multi plant experience, required.
• BS degree in Food Science or related technical degree.
• 15 plus years of experience in quality management and quality systems discipline.
• Expertise in food safety and quality systems/requirements; including FSMA requirements, GSFI Food Standards, HACCP, cGMPs, cGLPs, and audit processes.
• Strong project management and change management skills.
• Skilled in complex problem solving methodologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong leadership and planning skills.
• PC proficient in Windows operating environment.
• Ability to travel (approximately 50%).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE