ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Director of Applications and Business Intelligence
The Director of Applications and Business Intelligence (BI) is responsible for oversight and operational leadership of the Bob Evans Farms business applications and business intelligence systems. This individual will have the role of overseeing all application implementations, along with ongoing development, break-fix and support activities. This includes new applications as determined by business needs and strategy, upgrades to existing applications, and retirement/replacement of applications as they end their lifecycle. The Director of Applications and BI will lead a small team of managers and analysts across ERP, EDI, SaaS, BI and MDM. This role is responsible for managing application vendor relationships along with managing the performance and relationship of the managed services providers under contract with Bob Evans. Maintaining strong relationships with business leaders across BEF is key, as it is critical for BEF IT to partner with other departments to understand business requirements and deliver solutions.
This position will work closely with the VP of Information technology, Director of IT Operations and senior business leaders to direct and manage the IT applications portfolio, application integrations, BI and reporting platforms, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Application service providers.
• Oversees the daily operations of Oracle E-Business Suite and integrated Oracle edge applications such as Demantra and Oracle Transportation Management. This includes leading the change control process through the Change Advisory Board (CAB).
• Manages expectations with outsourced managed service providers to manage their daily ERP and application-related activities against Bob Evans’ priorities.
• Leads the application enhancement request process monthly and manages the enhancement estimates and timelines with business partners and the managed service providers.
• Maintains a continuous improvement approach with managed service providers to optimize application performance and proactively avoid issues.
• Develops and/or approves application integration models along with supporting functional and technical documentation.
• Provides design and operational support of ERP integration with Business Intelligence systems.
• Carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Provides input and advisement to an applications strategy and roadmap to satisfy the Bob Evans Farms strategic direction and general business requirements.
• Ensures that Applications and Reporting projects are delivered on time, under budget and with quality.
• Manages vendor relationships and is proficient at contract negotiation.
• Oversees SDLC and IT change processes, establishing service levels objectives and continuous improvement initiatives across application and reporting services.
• Ability to develop and manage to department level budgets. Also accountable for P&L and Capital project spend under the areas of accountability listed above.
• Establishes effective sourcing models, leveraging internal and external resources to efficiently and effectively deliver projects, changes, and operational support.
• Prepares program and/or project requests, priorities and plans for assigned areas of applications.
• Initiates approved programs and projects based on set PMO procedures and guidelines.
• Prepares project/track work plans for assigned areas of applications and reporting.
• Manages, mentors, and develops the IT applications team. Fosters a customer-service focused culture and team.
• All other duties as assigned.
• A solid understanding Supply Chain, Manufacturing Operations, and Order to Cash business processes (Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Food and Beverage industry knowledge is a plus).
• Excellent problem solving/analytical skills.
• Ability to work both with team members and executive leadership equally well.
• Strong knowledge of ERP business applications and BI reporting platforms.
• Strong technical background (Oracle EBS experience preferred).
• Ability to prioritize and demonstrate excellent time management.
• Ability to organize effectively, manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of IT service management, SDLC processes, and Sarbanes-Oxley IT General Controls, Disaster Recovery programs, and other IT policies and procedures.
• BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 10+ years of hands-on management of IT Applications with responsibilities covering enterprise business applications, EDI, SaaS, MDM, and reporting systems.
• 5+ years of experience operating at senior-level (IT) positions, managing managers, and managing relationships and budgets with onshore and offshore service providers. Broad knowledge of IT concepts, methodologies, processes, policies and current IT industry trends.
• 5+ years of experience with business requirements development.
• 5+ years of project management experience.
• 2+ years of experience in Risk Management areas of Disaster recovery, Audit oversight, and documentation retention programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE