ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Director, Environmental Health & Safety
The Director of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) will report directly to the SVP Manufacturing Operations and will work closely with the senior management team. This position is responsible for the overall creation, development and maintenance of effective EHS and risk management programs for the organization and its projects. This leader will deliver results through building a culture of safety assurance through the principles, processes and practices of behavioral based safety and risk management principles.
- Lead all Bob Evans Farms employees and contractors to achieve zero safety and environmental incidents built on the principles of personal accountability, influencing behaviors, leading indicators and a culture of active employee engagement.
- Lead and coach Bob Evans Farms management to create a sustained culture of behavioral based safety and risk management and ensure compliance in all areas of EHS.
- Lead people and facility risk assessment and emergency response. Create a high performing culture of risk awareness. Ensure that risk assessment is inclusive of all people, security and facility risks.
- Establish a sustaining Emergency Response (ER) program that is responsive, effective, and provides reliable coverage.
- Establish security program that protects people, product and facilities from internal and external harm.
- Direct company environmental sustainability efforts in a manner that promotes continuous improvement in reduction of the Company environmental footprint.
- Coordinate with senior management team and function heads for the continuous improvement of the Company Business Continuity Plan
- Direct the analysis and evaluation of company asset/liability management strategies; insures protection of company assets through property, liability, auto, and workers’ compensation insurance coverages and oversight of policies.
- Coordinate with site leadership, site safety managers and safety committees to ensure that all aspects of the company’s EHS results and programs are working in concert and that effective leadership is being exercised in each area.
- Maintain detailed safety performance data, analyze trends, report on statistics, and manage non-compliance. Establish consistent, effective processes for managing all near misses, hazard/accident investigations and reports. Assure timely issuance of safety alert communications, alert tracking and documentation of alert closings.
- Develop a comprehensive risk management and sustainability program with short and long term goals & objectives. Collaborate with internal departments and external resources to ensure the integration of enterprise safety, security and risk initiatives and practices. Model safety, security and risk leadership behaviors to management, staff and associates.
- Educate and inform others on up-to-date knowledge of regulations and codes relating to personnel safety, process safety, environmental compliance, security and fire/explosion protection.
- Establishinternaland/oracceptable external subject matterexpertise for all risks,standardsand complianceexpectations andrequirements, including LOTO, Fire & Explosion, Process Safety Management,Hazard Analysis, HAZOP, etc.
- Create,support,and implement policies and practices and programstoprovide assurance thatBob Evans Farmscomplieswith all federal, state and localEHSregulatory requirements. Coordinate and interface with applicableexternal agencies including OSHA, State Environmental Agencies, law enforcement, consultants, and insurance representatives.
- Bachelor Degree in Management, Science, Industrial Hygiene, or Engineering; emphasis on Safety preferred. Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years of increasing Safety and Environmental responsibility in a manufacturing environment, including managing cross functional teams, and operating at a senior level
- Minimum ten years leading, designing, managing and evaluating behavioral sustainable strategies & programs
- Minimum ten years of leadership in multi-facility, geographically diverse organization
- Ability to effectively manage and delegate while maintaining forward motion on key results and deliverables
- Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Strong mentoring, training and coaching to colleagues
- Accomplish goals through partnerships built on mutual trust, fairness, integrity and honesty
- Develop long and short range plans on sound knowledge of best practices in safety and health, and disaster recovery through effective partnerships
- Business acumen, statistical and analysis skills including the ability to develop, implement and monitor metrics
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE