ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
The Category Manager plays a pivotal role in developing Bob Evans Foods retail business. This individual is primarily responsible for analyzing customer, market and consumer data in order to build sound business recommendations and develop high quality supporting presentations. This individual’s primary responsibility is to supply relevant and necessary insights (solutions/recommendations), which are gathered from consumption data (IRI & AC Nielsen), shipment data, spending, and consumer insights for improved decision-making capabilities.
The majority of the analysis completed will be ad hoc or project-based, with a significant emphasis on whether our trade promotion funds are being “maximized” and our pricing strategies effective. This position will work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Leadership team; all in the spirit of equipping our internal and external teams with actionable insights to positively impact our categories and brands and drive strategies forward.
- Presentation Development
- Finalize all data and organize sales story for presentation to Business Development Managers and/or Customers by developing actionable business insights.
- Presentation Delivery
- For assigned customers, communicate business opportunities and recommend action plans by working with Business Development Managers and/or Customers.
- Assume the Lead Role as part of the Sales Team in presenting insights, strategies and tactics to business partners.
- Project/Customer Management and Support
- Participate with Bob Evans Foods Sales Team in identifying and presenting recommendations for category growth.
- Maintain project schedules by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Manage and maintain ongoing relationships for category management activities
- Develop Category Management relationships at customers that establish Bob Evans Foods as the go-to resource for Category Management insights and business process Best Practices
- Data Analysis/Interpretation and Application
- Provide category management insights and actionable recommendations that drive category growth for customers. Provide detailed category analysis and recommendations in the areas of product assortment, placement, pricing and promotion that will drive category sales.
- Provide regular consumption updates with an assessment of brand, category, and competitive issues/opportunities.
- Specifically own process and necessary analytics to evaluate post event information and draw conclusions – focus on the objective of “maximization of funds”.
- Track progress and impact of Retail Pricing strategies and work with the teams to assess and propose future pricing actions.
- Data Collection
- Provide information for customers, Business Development Managers, and internal teams through the use of syndicated or customer-specific data sources.
- Proven track record of influencing within cross-functional relationships with key decision makers
- Ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into sound propositions
- Ability to research, build, and deliver fact-based selling stories, business reviews and market analysis to drive sales and marketing strategies forward
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work within tight timelines and have retailer understanding in CPG environment
- Strong quantitative, analytical and presentation skills with strong oral and written communication
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team-oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
- Highly proactive self-starter with strong time-management & organizational skills
- College degree (BA, in business with graduate degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in an analyst role supporting category/sales for a major organization
- Strong working knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, Panel Data).
- Solid PC knowledge including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with space planning tools a plus (JDA and/or Apollo)
- CPG selling experience preferred.
This position requires 10-20% travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE