ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Business Development Manager, Chicago, IL
Statement of Purpose
This position is responsible for new business development for Bob Evans Farms, Inc. This includes identifying sales opportunities and analyzing appropriate, strategic business and industry drivers. The position also develops, implements, and manages a sales strategy to achieve aggressive sales goals. This person will be accountable to grow the current relationship / business with one or more of our top ten customers.This position will be based near Chicago, IL.
1. Grows our business profitably and increases partnership with our customers.
2. Develops and executes strategies for target customer development, sales, pricing, and all other matters related to revenue generation.
3. Collaborates closely across multiple departments including Sales, Finance, Operations and Supply Chain.
4. Develops effective trade spending practices and tactics that maximize ROI, and are tied to trade spend objectives (trial, competitive switching, share building, volume, etc.) and ensure compliance with anti-trust principles including Robinson-Patman.
5. Supports “Best in Class” new item roll-outs that enable quick distribution by developing global customer presentations that are fact-based, consultative, and provide clear “solutions”.
6. Identifies and develops long-term opportunities for Bob Evans growth through insight derived from available research and data.
7. Leads development of long term strategic category business plans in partnership with Sales and Marketing Operations while linking trade spending into these plans. Links brand strategy pragmatically to the customer and supports Sales department with training and execution tools that empower Bob Evan’s sales force as the “category authority” to our customers.
8. All other duties as assigned.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to influence, convince and persuade
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to facilitate and lead team activities related to new business opportunities
• Effective organizational skills
• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or other related field
• Minimum of 8 years of experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Will be required to travel up to 50% of the time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE