About Post Holdings
All our innovations and accomplishments begin with the work of talented people. At Post Holdings, we give our employees the resources they need to grow a career, no matter where they’re starting from. We’re seeking innovative thinkers, ready to take on everyday challenges and realize their own potential. And it all happens in an environment that respects the relationship between work and life.
Poultry Care Person (Houseperson)
Michael Foods, Inc. is leading food processor and distributor with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food – where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance by working on scheduled days as directed, in relation to production scheduling and or time volunteered for. This being in relation to attendance policy and or guidelines.
- Maintains fly/mice population and bait system rotation.
- Weighs the chickens as necessary for nutritionist.
- Moves equipment or carries equipment from one area to another.
- Checks feed; ventilation, lighting and water to insure needs of animals are met at all times.
- Removes mortality from barn cages on a daily basis by walking and riding barn bikes to view upper cage levels. This includes filling out daily reports to track mortality, feed consumption and water.
- Repairs all non-manure and nonelectrical equipment items. This will generally include buildings, fences, equipment, etc.. Assistance is to be given to Manure Maintenance personnel with regard to maintenance issues as needed and or as directed.
- Catches loose birds and places them back in cages while observing bird density guidelines (UEP).
- Cleans animal, feed and or product droppings and waste items from floor.
- Stacks and moves crated egg samples taken from assigned sample areas.
- Follows all bio-security guidelines and bird health processes.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment and Follow all applicable UEP guidelines. Add Monitors bird weight weekly to the house person description
- Actively participate in and promote our safety culture by following safe work practices and adhering to all safety policies and procedures. Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
A High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent; one to three months related experience or training.
The ability to read and comprehend; simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. The ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
The ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. The ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.