About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
Provides support and materials to the Grading Egg Packers.
- Follow all physical safety and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Follow all Safe Quality Foods procedures and requirements appropriate for this position.
- Quality control. (All employees are to perform continuous visual surveillance of all product, packaging and process around them to insure that we always produce a safe, quality product.)
- Palletizes 502/boxes of eggs
- Staples bottoms of boxes with correct number of staples.
- Put correct liners in boxes.
- Stack boxes up and place by correct packing lanes.
- Cleaning up debris with brooms and dust mops
- Cleaning up broken eggs with Squeegees
- Other housekeeping tasks as assigned by Foreman and Leads
- Putting eggs back on convey for running back through the process again
- Stacking flats of eggs at the shrink wrap machine
Fill in for Grader Packers as directed by the Foreman and Leads
Perform other duties as assigned by Foreman and Leads
Actively participate in and promote our safety culture by following safe work practices and adhering to all safety policies and procedures. Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: On the job training will be provided. Previous factory or line work preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS:The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:The ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. The ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
REASONING ABILITY:The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form..
AVAILABILITY: You MUST be available seven days a week. You will Normally work 5 days 2 Days off. But you need to be available.
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)