About Post Holdings
All our innovations and accomplishments begin with the work of talented people. At Post Holdings, we give our employees the resources they need to grow a career, no matter where they’re starting from. We’re seeking innovative thinkers, ready to take on everyday challenges and realize their own potential. And it all happens in an environment that respects the relationship between work and life.
This position plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards; ensures effective communication between all disciplines and all other project participants. Individual’s primary focus will be on packaging design and layout of manufacturing equipment with emphasis on ergonomic design.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, define, program manage and/or implement packaging and packaging related changes within the integrated supply chain addressing safety, ergonomic, and cost reduction.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants.
- Ability to recognize when technical problems are developing and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project clients. Knowledge of packaging material selection, ergonomic packaging layout, manufacturing processes and testing/validation of recommended solutions.
- Work with manufacturing on layout challenges. Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Support budgeting process by identifying cost savings opportunities.
- Participating in meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project issues. Solicit feedback from facilities and business units to improve packaging strategies individually seeking out packaging improvement opportunities.
- Ensure effective engineering and client communications through thorough understanding of the supply chain and the impact of packaging strategies on the business as a whole.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level, as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- 7-9 years of experience in packaging design and layout of manufacturing equipment with emphasis on ergonomic design (food a plus).
- Experience with CPG packaging technology and automation preferred.
- Licensed Engineer preferred.
- Project management experience. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting, gathering production information, and production scheduling.
- Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills; quality orientation and attention to detail.
- SAP experience preferred. Knowledge of PLC’s (Allen Bradley) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication. Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.