ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Position:Environmental Health and Safety Technician
Location: Bob Evans Farms - Lima Plant
Possible Shifts: 6 am – 6 pm on a 2-2-3 schedule
6 pm – 6 am on a 2-2-3 schedule
Position Reports to:EHS Manager
This position will support the EHS Manager in all phases and implementation of safety policies and procedures to the Lima Facility. This person will be responsible for daily measurement of data, reporting and furthering the progress and well- being of the facility.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, PPE and practices to ensure they comply with company and government regulations
- Work with EHS Management to document and correct hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment
- Evaluate and contribute to the implementation of programs on workplace safety and health
- Educate all levels of staff about workplace safety and health
- Document, demonstrate and assist in training, as needed, on proper use of safety equipment and PPE
- Assist in investigating incidents and accidents (including near misses) to identify both cause and corrective actions
- Monitor work practices and procedures for compliance with health and safety requirements, including corrective actions
- Assist in collecting, recording and compiling data for statistical analysis reports
- Act as an informed and accurate resource for all employees on health and safety information, including contributing to safety manuals and presenting instructional materials and demonstrations
- May assist in spill clean-up as needed
- May act as First-Aid responder for workplace injuries and accidents as needed
- Management of designated first aid room
- May handle both hazardous and non-hazardous materials as needed
- May work with company, as well as outside, specialist to leverage productivity by minimizing worker absence (keep employees safely working)
- Assist with job hazard analysis
- Training will be provided as necessary
Associate degree in environmental, health and safety field or proven experience preferred
Experience in a safety, sampling, inspection, and food handling environment; Food industry preferred
Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, Power Point and Excel)
High level communication skills
Skill for recognition of new opportunities and problem solving
Ability to work in a multi-task, deadline-oriented environment
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
Must be willing to work flexible hours and shifts
Must be willing to attend off-site training
Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and generally have acceptable cognitive and motor skill control.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
Areas of facility may include controlled temperature zones including areas with refrigeration and noise levels requiring PPE.
70% Facility Environment
30% Office Environment
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE