ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position serves as a subject matter expert in EHS and is responsible for implementing and executing environmental and safety programs that effectively lead the safety culture and compliance with applicable environmental, health and safety legislation at the Lima plant.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and enforcing safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for assisting with completing job safety analysis for all positions in the plant and keeping them up to date annually.
- Responsible for completing accident investigations, reporting findings back to plant safety manager, plant manager and supervisors.
- Coordinates with the Plant Safety Manager and Division Safety Manager to maintain plant safety metrics and compliance training records
- Coordinates with the Plant Safety Manager and Division Environmental Manager to maintain all environmental metrics, permits and compliance records
- Coordinates with Plant Training Manager to ensure ongoing safety compliance with employee training for operations and quality/sanitation, including new hire orientation.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment by assisting in eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness.
- Coordinates with the plant safety manager and plant manager on safety/loss control issues.
- Participate as a first responder (First Aid/AED/CPR)
- Actively participates as a lead in the Safety and Risk Management Process (SRMP).
- Responsible for completing monthly safety scans and weekly LOTO audits
- Coordinates with the Safety Manager to maintain all plant specific programs including but not limited to the following:
- Emergency Response
- Environmental Management
- Control of Hazardous Energy Lock-Out Tag-Out (LOTO)
- Safety Scans and LOTO Audits
- Machine Guarding
- Permit Required Confined Space
- Fall Protection
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT)
- Hazard Communications- Material Safety Data sheets
- Blood Borne Pathogen
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Incident Reporting / Accident Investigation
- Planned General Inspections
- Overall Safety & Risk Management Process (SRMP)
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have proven experience developing and implementing EHS policies and procedures.
- Applied knowledge of environmental, health and safety laws and regulations (OSHA and EPA)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and procedures, business correspondence, and generate charts and graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the leadership team
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Basic computer skills, Word , Power Point and Excel; Oracle
- Bachelor’s degree; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be available to provide support for manufacturing operations, including weekend and off shift hours
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bachelors or better.
2-3 years:two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE