ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Predictive Maintenance Technician
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates and ensure safe work practices.
- Workflow management including developing and establishing predictive routes, data collection points on established routes, and generating follow-up work orders to eliminate identified defects.
- Performs Predictive Maintenance measurements on production equipment for the plant.
- Assists in determining equipment criticality, develop preventive maintenance work tasks and help determine correct PM frequency.
- Support root cause failure analysis tools and methodologies to improve reliability of assets.
- Proactively utilize available resources and seek input to identify potential failures. Analyze these areas of concern and develop creative solutions to mitigate risk.
- Work with Project Managers and Engineers on the review of equipment purchases, modifications, and installs to ensure reliability is designed into the systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong communication skills while focused on customer service.
- Work with planners to develop standard work orders (plans) for regularly recurring repair jobs, based on historical experience, to simplify the planning process.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Must observe and practice all Department/Plant Procedures including wearing required PPE
- Adherence to plant safety, food Safety, sanitation standards, and following all GMP guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- Technical degree / certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in industrial operations, plant operations, maintenance, utilities and/or related field.
- One or more certifications on the following PdM technologies preferred:
- Lubrication- MLT Level I or II
- Ultrasound- ISO Level I or ASNT Level II (must obtain Level I within the first year)
- Vibration-ISO Vibration Analyst Level I, II, or III (must obtain Level I within the first year)
- Infrared- ITC Level I, II, or III
- Motor Current Analysis-Online or Offline Motor Testing
- Competent in using Microsoft Office & CMMS System (Preferably SAP)
- Experience in the installation and repair of mechanical equipment required. Diagnose and repair of all machinery and process malfunctions, must be fluent in mechanical troubleshooting, electrical troubleshooting a plus.
- Diagnose and repair of all mechanical power transmission equipment. Knowledge of Gearboxes, mechanical drives, variable speed applications, and Servo motors.
- Skilled within specific tolerances using various precision tools; Vernier calipers, depth gauges, dial indicators, etc.
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping diagrams.
- Proficient in knowledge of bearings, pulleys, chain drives, belt drives, and lubricants standards and applications.
- 480v 3 phase knowledge required. Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Good math, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Ability to travel for training and continuous improvement activities
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE