ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Plant Accounting Manager
Under the direction of the Plant Controller, this position is an integral part of the plant management team in support of the strategic and operating plans of the company. The position is responsible for a variety of financial, accounting and reporting functions including, but not limited to general ledger, accounts payable, sales tax compliance, SOX compliance, establishing and maintaining standard costs, ensuring the integrity of inventory movements, preparation and reporting of KPI’s, capital spending, fixed assets, budgeting, analysis and preserving the integrity of internal controls.
- Manage the Accounting Department in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and company policies and procedures. Maintain the general ledger by preparing journal entries, verifying posted transactions, directing and assisting in the validation of inventory movements in SAP, and reconciling balance sheet accounts.
- Organize and lead all budgeting activities, both operating and capital, for the facility. This includes preparation and related analysis.
- Complete timely and accurate reporting of all operating and financial results for the facility. Prepare and communicate weekly and monthly variance analysis. Monitor trends and identify and communicate financial opportunities and hazards.
- Prepare product costing estimates for new and existing products. Maintain material master, standard cost, and bill of materials for products produced in the facility.
- Assists in asset management including Capital Project Request preparation and related analysis, placing assets in service, fixed asset schedule review and verification.
- Direct staff and be actively involved with Finance teams and Plant management initiatives.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4 years of accounting/finance experience required.
- 5-7 years of accounting/finance experience preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing/production enterprises preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with others.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effectively supervising and directing the work of others.
- Demonstrated aptitude for utilization of computer technologies. Experience with SAP a plus.
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, and project management skills.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE