ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Manager - Cost Accounting
This position functions as a business partner with plant and financial management responsible for a variety of financial accounting and reporting functions including, but not limited to, leading the Plant Accountant and providing cost and general accounting, preparation and reporting of KPI’s, ensuring the integrity of inventory movements, maintaining a control environment and SOX compliance, annual plan and forecast, business analysis and capital request/projects.
1. Participate in daily plant meetings with the Plant Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting, material usage, manufacturing overhead, downtime and other operating/financial KPI’s.
2. Actively engage with the Plant Management team and provide financial guidance and analytical support.
3. Analyze plant spending to validate expenditures are accurate and complete. Compile and analyze financial information to support accounting accruals and other required journal entries to accurately state operating expenses in support of month end close.
4. Collaborate with authorized plant purchasing agents and operations teams to assure the purchase order procedures are followed and that purchase orders are entered and received against accurately and timely.
5. Analyze and accurately report monthly financial results including variance explanations to the plant and corporate management.
6. Provide timely reporting and analysis on plant operations including daily, weekly and monthly updates on plant performance, KPI’s capital projects and cost saving initiatives.
7. Review and validate daily production reporting including labor distribution and material issues.
8. Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain perpetual inventory to physical inventory adjustments. Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
9. Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of product costing including bill of material, yield/scrap factors, crewing, and process/throughput verification.
10. Development of labor and overhead rates for the periodic updating of standard costs.
11. Product cost modeling for new products and formulation, process and equipment changes. Post change/launch validation of assumptions and financial impact.
12. Assist in asset management including Capital Project Request preparation and related analysis. Assure timely processing of asset disposal requests and provide supporting documentation. Lead annual fixed asset schedule review and verification.
13. Lead annual operating plan including capital planning and quarterly forecast processes.
14. Ensure an appropriate internal control structure is maintained and adhered to.
15. All other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Experience supporting plant operations, preferably in the food industry
• Ability to identify and proactively resolve issues
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
• Experience identifying risks and ensuring internal controls
• Thorough knowledge of cost accounting principles
• Excellent technology skills including ERP experience, Oracle preferred, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• CPA or CMA certification preferred
• 5-10 years of plant accounting experience with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.
DIRECT REPORTS TO THIS POSITION
This position may require up to 10% overnight travel and additional day travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE