ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures that all Maintenance Team members adhere to all Safety, Sanitation, Quality, and GMP policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership and supervises the activities of the maintenance team ensuring efficient scheduling and prioritizing of workload.
- Foster dynamic relationships with the maintenance team members and their counterparts in production.
- Ensure shift to shift maintenance issues/tasks/assignments are communicated.
- Lead and/or participate in Continuous Improvement teams to improve production efficiencies and/or equipment reliability.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems of production equipment through personal observations, maintenance programs and operator feedback and plans and takes corrective actions. Walk the floor to review work or equipment in action. Review work plan for variances.
- Conducts Daily/Weekly Operating Report with employees to address variances and Operating Equipment Effectiveness gaps.
- Coordinates, arranges, and supervises or provides for the completion of corrective and preventative maintenance in accordance with standard operating procedures, of all processing practices, and financial considerations of production equipment to minimize plant down time. Develop Area Master Maintenance List.
- Coordinate tasks, critiquing on-going and finished work, sets priorities and other responsibilities as authorized. Generates follow-up work orders from off conditions noted on Preventative or Emergency Maintenance where a repair cannot be correctly completed.
- Generates follow-up work orders from work lists.
- Reviews Break Down Analysis and suggest plan of action or recommendation to root cause.
- Provides support to the Capital Program. Including but not limited to execution of assigned capital projects. Provides recommendations to the capital program based on equipment reliability plan for area of responsibility.
- Develop Reliability Improvement Plan for area of responsibility.
- Maintains working relationship with Contractors and Vendors to maintain equipment reliability and keep abreast of equipment obsolescence and new technology. Maintain Vendor contact for sourcing and ordering materials and supplies for direct repair.
- Provide oversite and management on Maintenance Repair and Overhaul inventory levels for area of responsibility to meet R&M and financial objectives of the Facility. Including but not limited to providing inventory recommendations based on equipment Bill of Materials and Spare Parts List.
- Implement Operating Equipment Effectiveness improvements.
- Responsible for maintaining skills flexibility matrices and training of maintenance mechanics. Develops resident subject matter experts.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associate Degree Industrial Maintenance or related management field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a production environment; Food industry preferred
- Minimum 3 years' supervisory experience
- Experience and ability to perform welding activities, MIG, TIG, ARC< cutting and brazing
- Solid computer skills (MS Office, Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Equipment knowledge: wiring, electrical, electronic components, Fanuc robotics, PLC (Allen Bradley), VFD’s (Allen Bradley) Pumps, high speed conveyor systems.
- Ability to work in a multi-task, deadline-oriented environment
- Maintenance management experience including planning, scheduling, budgeting, negotiating, parts management, vendor management and with maintenance management systems
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and shifts
- Must be willing to attend off-site training
- Ability on a daily basis, walking, standing, crouching, lifting (25-35lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching
Areas of facility may include controlled temperature zones including areas with refrigeration and noise levels requiring PPE.
70% Facility Environment
30% Office Environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the responsibilities or duties required
Please submit your resume by applying directly online, through MyPost
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE