ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Eng 4 - Manufacturing Equipment & Design
Statement of Purpose
The Project Engineer plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards; ensures effective communication between all disciplines and all other project participants. Individual’s primary focus will be on layout of manufacturing equipment with emphasis on ergonomic design.
- Identify, define, program manage and/or process packaging and packaging related changes within the integrated supply chain addressing safety, ergonomic, and cost reduction.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants.
- Ability to recognize when technical problems are developing and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project clients. Knowledge of processes, ergonomic packaging layout, manufacturing processes and testing/validation of recommended solutions.
- Work with manufacturing on layout challenges. Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Support budgeting process by identifying cost savings opportunities.
- Participating in meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project issues. Solicit feedback from facilities and business units to improve packaging strategies individually seeking out packaging improvement opportunities.
- Ensure effective engineering and client communications through thorough understanding of the supply chain and the impact of packaging strategies on the business as a whole.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level, as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in packaging design and layout of manufacturing equipment with emphasis on ergonomic design (food a plus).
- Experience with CPG packaging technology and automation preferred.
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- Project management experience. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting, gathering production information, and production scheduling.
- Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills; quality orientation and attention to detail.
- SAP experience preferred. Knowledge of PLC’s (Allen Bradley) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication. Ability to work and negotiate with vendors, customers, and employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE