About Post Holdings
All our innovations and accomplishments begin with the work of talented people. At Post Holdings, we give our employees the resources they need to grow a career, no matter where they’re starting from. We’re seeking innovative thinkers, ready to take on everyday challenges and realize their own potential. And it all happens in an environment that respects the relationship between work and life.
General Maintenance- Day Shift (12 hour Shift)
The Maintenance Mechanicperformsproduction maintenance throughout the facility. Maintenance Mechanicresponsibilities includes but not be limited to equipment breakdowns, installation and startups, process improvements, preventative/precision maintenance programs and continuous improvements activities i.e. increasing machine reliability and installation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on all mechanical repairs on plant equipment.
- Works on minor electrical repairs as needed.
- Performs all PM work as needed on equipment.
- Ability to read blue prints and simple wiring schematics.
- Ability to use hand and power tools correctly.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays on a rotating schedule and added hours when needed.
- Safely operate forklift or PITfollowing all OSHA and MFI regulations.
- Adheres to safe work practices, follows GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained.
- Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Good math, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate analytical, planning, problem-solving, and small project management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude self-starter.
- Assist in developing troubleshooting programs and job aids.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Maintain accurate records and data.
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.