ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Manager, Quality Assurance & Food Safety
This position is responsible for ensuring all products and ingredients meet the established quality and food safety standards by ensuring compliance with all relevant USDA and other regulatory guidelines established for food manufacturing. Individual in this position must be capable of engaging other business units in development and standardization of quality manuals, policies, procedures, audit standards and Quality Key Performance Indicators. Ability to drive organizational alignment on food safety and quality objectives with an enterprise-wide mindset a must.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, enforcing current good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and all relevant company policies and food safety regulations. Developing prerequisite programs and supporting documentation. Ensuring that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
- Analyze and resolve food safety and/or quality issues with sustainable corrective actions.
- Lead teams focused on investigation and improvement of quality issues such as consumer complaints, specification deviations, and/or processing challenges
- Provide leadership in the development, training, execution, and verification/validation of all quality systems.
- Ensure compliance to all regulatory, customer, and corporate programs. Lead and participate in regulatory, customer, and internal audits. Provide leadership in the development, training and maintenance of the plant Food Safety and Quality programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GFSI standards.
- Maintain consistent communication and fosters teamwork between all local personnel, departments and shifts.
- Primary contact for internal and external customers.
- Insure company policies and procedures are fairly administered between departments and shifts.
- Responsible for developing annual Quality and Sanitation budgets and managing cost control throughout the calendar year.
- Champions the use of Quality Improvement Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Responsible for developing and monitoring plant sanitation programs to ensure a safe and wholesome product supply.
- Strong SPC background to manage the collection, trending, and reporting of data to identify root cause and areas of opportunity including but not limited to key product attributes, shelf life, and productivity while maintaining quality.
- Provides leadership to help ensure a safe work environment throughout the plant. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Assume personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ supervisory or managerial experience in a food plant manufacturing environment.
- USDA experience highly desired
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal.
- Able to develop and motivate salaried and hourly personnel.
- Able to work overtime, weekends, and off shifts as required or deemed necessary.
- Experience or knowledge of all applicable food industry related quality systems.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE