ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
This position is responsible for managing and scheduling the performance of a variety of advanced mechanical maintenance services to support the plant operations and facility. Plans, directs and controls the efforts of the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and facilities commensurate with good engineering and project management practices. Takes a proactive approach to prevent repairs, and will install, replace and troubleshoot complex mechanical equipment and distribution systems. Ensures department performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
- Carries supervisory accountability and responsibility in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work of skilled and semi-skilled trades personnel.
- Addresses performance; mentoring, appraising work, rewarding and disciplining employees and resolving problems
- Develops facility and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Serves as Project Manager on the implementation, integration and installment of plant equipment and support systems.
- Work with Plant Manager and Operations Manager to develop annual facilities and equipment improvement plans.
- Directs staff in electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment; direct workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery or equipment.
- Assesses equipment needs and takes proactive approach to preventing equipment failures. Directs preventative and predictive maintenance on complex mechanical equipment and distribution systems.
- Leads the performance of emergency repairs on process equipment.
- Ensures the Inspection of facility equipment on a daily basis; following up on or performing various production startup and coverage tasks.
- Supervises and assists staff in Trouble-shooting any repairs; PLC, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic or hydraulic components.
- Suggests PLC program modifications to enhance operating performance and reliability.
- Directs staff in the use of prints, specifications, follows verbal instructions to make repairs to ordinary refrigeration, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Assists in the installation of equipment.
- Provides machine specific training to all technicians. Validates skill levels of maintenance technicians
- Validates skill levels of maintenance technicians
- Trains advanced level technicians in advance trouble shooting of refrigeration and process controls. Ensures adherence to plant PSM procedures and tracking.
- Coordinates plans and schedules work of outside contractors.
- Coordinates ordering of materials/maintains supply of spare parts.
- Ensures the maintenance and use of computerized maintenance systems (EAM/Oracle).
- Communicates and works with people from all levels and departments of the company, including corporate engineering functions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in an industrial focused curriculum with a Bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of seven or more years of industrial maintenance experience with at least 3 of those years in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Preferred Education/experience:
- PMP Certification.
- Ammonia Operator level 1 & 2 certification or ability to obtain
- PLC programming and trouble-shooting.
- Waste Water treatment plant knowledge
- Certified welder
- Certified boiler operator
- Must possess excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must be able to manage, motivate and assess and develop a wide scope of technician skills.
- Advanced electrical/mechanical knowledge required. Must be familiar with electrical schematics.
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting PLC’s.
- Advanced boiler safety knowledge.
- Advanced Waste Water systems knowledge.
- Basic welding and fabrication, understanding; sanitary design and repair.
- Advanced plumbing and HVAC knowledge, with a strong background in ammonia refrigeration systems.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving skills
- Understanding of basic OSHA requirements including; lock-out, tag-out and haz-comm procedures.
- Requires a good understanding of hydraulic/pneumatic equipment.
- Requires judgment to make decisions regarding sequence of maintenance operations to be performed within the limits of standard practice.
- Ability to work in somewhat disagreeable conditions; dust, noise, fumes and vibrations.
- Ability to work overtime as require
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE