ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
As a strategic consultative business partner, the HR Manager is responsible for leading the efforts to attract, develop and retain talent through planning, developing and implementing HR programs and processes. Reporting to the Director of HR, perform a wide variety of activities to support a 24/7 manufacturing facility. Work independently and as part of the larger supply chain HR team to develop, interpret and implement policies, plans and procedures.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with managers and employees to resolve employee relations issues; guide team to wise decisions, prepare/help prepare corrective actions, facilitates and monitors involuntary terminations.
- Develop programs, policies and procedures to maintain good working relationships between employees and management.
- Coach managers and supervisors on skills, including: communication, performance management, rewards and recognition, accountability. Trains managers and staff on HR matters.
- Review and analyze performance and disciplinary reports and ensure fair and appropriate corrective or developmental action. Conduct internal investigations as needed.
- Interprets and develops human resources policies and procedures for consistency, compliance and efficiency.
- Consults with facility leadership to resolve organizational issues.
- Lead the recruitment and selection process by developing and implementing procedures for recruitment, interviewing, hiring and placement of exempt and non-exempt applicants to satisfy the Company's labor requirements.
- Collect and analyze exit interview data in order to understand turnover and implement recommendations for corrective action.
- Tracks and reports monthly and annual KPI data including turnover, hours worked and attendance data, analyzing same for trends and possible continuous improvement actions.
- Design, implement and monitor training programs for technical, administrative and supervisory staff.
- Write job descriptions and ensure effective management and review according to process requirements.
- Plan and administer performance management and salary planning process.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Contributes to the management team through participation in meetings and SRMP
- Effectively manage and develop the HR team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office suite, email, internet, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong recruiting skills
- Influence / negotiation / mediation skills
- Knowledgeable in Government employment regulations and human resources procedures
- Ability to work at all levels of an organization to develop and influence the culture of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years’ experience in human resources or related field
- 4+ years in a manager or supervisor role preferred
- Experience working in fast paced environment
- Proven success working cross-functionally both internally and externally
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE