ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's talking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Harvest Team Leader
This position is responsible for leading a line section in converting live animals into carcasses ready for processing. Leads may perform the slaughtering and butchering tasks using cutting tools, such as knives, cleavers, saws, and “mechanical ” knives to break down full-carcasses into boneless carcasses or smaller cuts of meat.
- Prioritizes food quality and maintains food safety, through the vigilant application of company GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Utilizes and ensure staff utilization of all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the assigned job and to relay to Production Management if equipment condition is not 100% or if missing. Perpetuates a “Safety First” culture.
- Leads, mentors and trains employees in safe and efficient practices of Harvest operations.
- Heavy emphasis on training of new employees and ability to handle some leadership duties.
- Function with minimal assistance and supervision.
- Serves a surrogate in the absence of department supervision.
- Maintains harvest productivity and yield goals as defined by company metrics, performance targeting a 0% defect rate as measured by zero tolerance (USDA) defects.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts bringing ideas for process and yield improvements to area management
- Verifies HACCP and Humane Handling activities and reports.
- Interfaces on a daily basis with Senior Plant Management and Governmental Agency Employees
- Maintains cleanliness and quality of the product and department
- Keeps records of department activities and production. Accountable for accurate record keeping of production via count sheets, scan guns or other methods to ensure accurate capturing of production data.
- Ability to perform three or more minor butcher positions and three or more major butcher positions.
- All other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as yields, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel.
- High School Diploma
- Prior Food Manufacturing experience preferred
- Basic math skills, with the ability to read and write
- Prior meat cutting/butchering experience preferred
- TQA certification a plus
- Certified in HACCP and humane slaughter a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
BEF Foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Licenses & Certifications
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE