About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
EL Switcher Driver, 3rd Shift
- Ensure proper functioning of equipment by performing pre-trip and post-trip inspections as required by Federal Motor Carrier Safety. Complete company vehicle inspection report forms and submit them to maintenance shop.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations relating to the operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Move trailers and/or tanks as directed by department leads and/or Operations and Transportation Supervisors.
- Sign and complete switcher/driver PIT move confirmation form and provide paperwork to security guard.
- Organize yard; make sure trailers were placed properly by switchers and/or drivers.
- Ensure product is stored at the appropriate temperature following company’s guidelines.
- Transport product among Elizabeth sites.
- Maintain open communication with plant personnel to make sure department needs are met.
- Must be courteous, cooperative and respectful at all times and contact the immediate supervisor to handle any conflicts that do occur.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety polices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Require (CDL) commercial drivers’ license.
- 2+ plus of yard switching and/or tractor trailer experience preferred, but not required.
- Vision abilities are required: distance vision, color vision, peripherical vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
One year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
CDL Commercial Driver’s license
PIT certification and use motorized power jacks and/or hand jacks as needed.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.