About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
- Maintains working knowledge and understanding of the plant refrigeration equipment.
- Works with shift operators on all shifts to insure all components of the refrigeration system are fit for use, safe and capable of operating as required by plant operations and the Process Safety Management (PSM) program
- Know and understand all start up, shut down, operating procedures for safe and efficient operations of the plant refrigeration and boiler systems.
- Monitors the water treatment system as needed to keep boilers and refrigeration system condenser scale free.
- Oversees all needed preventive maintenance to assure optimum up-time operation with minimum adverse impact on production.
- Assures that the entire system is operated in a safe manner and that all components of the system are in compliance with OSHA, PSM and other agencies requirements.
- Lends knowledge and ideas to the solution of problems involving the plant refrigeration system.
- Ensures accurate and neat logs on the plant boilers and refrigeration systems. Checks compressor area for any problems and inform proper people of any problems.
- Requisitions parts and chemicals for the department. Works with vendors and contractors.
- Ensures department is compliant with all state and federal laws.
- Requires active participation in Emergency Response Team and Process Safety Management.
- Ensures PSM operations are followed and documented (PHA, pre-safe start-up, line break permits, ammonia inventory, odor investigation)
- Assist in training of new employees.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)