About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability. Ensures regulatory Compliance.
In charge of handling manufacturing processes and coordinating production line workers. Planning orders, implementing quality standards, developing production schedules, recruiting and training staff, and managing supervisors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Insures regulatory compliance.
- Provide overall leadership and direction for plant production.
- Implement continuous improvement strategies to meet & exceed plant KPIs.
- Encourage, motivate, and coach production supervisors to meet and exceed productivity & financial KPIs
- Monitor and set standards for production and help identify and correct bottlenecks
- Prepares budgets and monitor expenses for production
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions & ensure product quality is maintained.
- Supervise and manage employees by ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed,
- Train and coach supervisors to initiate disciplinary action and evaluate employee performance.
- Conduct frequent line tours and adhere to standard work.
- Ensure that all paperwork is accurate, complete, and on time.
- Communicate with managers and other supervisors about status of employees and production.
- Coordinate production schedule with required maintenance, and follow up to ensure maintenance is effective.
- Lead and conduct safety training and make sure all employees have required safety equipment.
- Promote team environment and facilitate cross functional teams to drive Safety, Quality, and Productivity improvements.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Report any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.