About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
Packer (Egg Processing)
Inspects eggs to assure quality and fitness for consumption, as well as packages eggs in a variety of containers by performing the following duties.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance in relation to production schedule and or time volunteered for.
- Observes the eggs moving on conveyor, placing leaking eggs in buckets and or inedible barrels.
- Packs salable eggs on racks, pallets or in boxes in relation to daily production demands.
- Ensures proper cartons are used and closed correctly with proper printing on cartons.
- Ensures code dates on cartons are legible, correct and facing in the right direction when packed on racks.
- Pulls damaged eggs from cartons and or flats, and replacing them with clean, undamaged and proper sized eggs.
- Pulls dirty eggs from cartons and or flats to be re-washed, replacing them with clean, undamaged and proper sized eggs.
- Must maintain a clean, sanitary, safe and productive work area. This involves the cleaning up of any egg spillage on the floor, or on the machines and properly disposing of any waste and or garbage as needed.
- Communicates regularly with machine operators, co-workers, management and quality assurance personnel, as it relates to any deviations in egg quality, to insure standards are upheld and a quality product is manufactured.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Actively participate in and promote our safety culture by following safe work practices and adhering to all safety policies and procedures. Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
A High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
On the job training will be provided. Previous factory or line work preferred.
The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. The ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
The ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. The ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form. The ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in standardized situations
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.