About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
Forklift & PIT Drivers - Shipping and Receiving Worker
Michael Foods, Inc. is leading food processor and distributor with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food – where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
This position is responsible for load all outgoing containers and trailers, also labeling, wrapping and packing as well as pallets to be shipped.
- Follow all physical safety and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Follow all Safe Quality Foods procedures and requirements appropriate for this position.
- Driving a forklift, moving product from grading into the cooler.
- Load all outgoing containers and trailers.
- Printing load sheets and other paperwork required for receiving and shipping loads
- Labeling all receiving raw materials
- Maintain FIFO on packaging and other materials
- Unload all corrugated, carton and supply trailers.
- Recording data required for Food Safety and inventory management
- Prepare all pallets to be shipped by tying and/or wrapping them.
- Repair pallet boards during idle time.
- Keep warehouse areas, dock areas and finished product cooler swept and mopped.
- Actively participate in and promote our safety culture by following safe work practices and adhering to all safety policies and procedures. Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
5 year minimum previous factory or line work preferred.
The ability to comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and standard operating procedures. This position should be able to communicate instructions fluently in English and assist Grading Foreman and WEF Management with translating more complex information to other employees.
The ability to add, subtract and multiply using common egg increments for example, 12’s and 15’s, 30s using a calculator.
The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.