About Michael foods
At Michael Foods, we are a leader in the food industry because we introduce innovative, value-added food products and customer solutions. Our success starts from the inside out — empowering employees to play a vital role in our company. They have the chance to make their own impact, expanding on our already rich history. That’s how plenty of our people have already transformed their careers. And you could be next.
2nd Shift Forklift Operator. Wage starting at $14.20.
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…;this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Take a look at how Michael Foods is giving back to the community during this difficult time!
The Forklift Operator is responsible for moving materials to and from proper storage areas by operating an industrial vehicle. This position always has the responsibility to comply with safety work rules as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive forklift in a safe and productive manner. Complete the daily forklift inspection and remove the lift from service if a defect is detected.
- Ship and receive product damage free and accurately.
- Monitor the floor for safety concerns or infractions and act appropriately.
- Complete all documents and paperwork completely and accurately.
- Fill customer orders accurately and follow the customer’s special instructions.
- Prep and close doors by following the inbound and outbound procedures.
- Work very closely with the office staff to ensure discrepancies and issues are completed accurately.
- Verify Hot List loads.
- Ensure warehouse is organized, clean, damages are taken care of and pallets are off the floor and placed into bins.
- Promote teamwork within your team and between teams by communicating in a positive and pleasant manner.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or G.E.D or an equivalent combination of education and experience
A minimum of six months experience in a palletized warehouse environment is preferred. Good Inter-Personal skills are required. The successful completion of Powered Industrial Truck training program and pass the forklift certification.
Effectively read, write and speak English.
Strong math and configuration is necessary
Ability to analyze situations and make the best decision which benefits the company without jeopardizing the health and well being of the employee.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)