About Post Holdings
All our innovations and accomplishments begin with the work of talented people. At Post Holdings, we give our employees the resources they need to grow a career, no matter where they’re starting from. We’re seeking innovative thinkers, ready to take on everyday challenges and realize their own potential. And it all happens in an environment that respects the relationship between work and life.
Breaking Labor 1st shift 6am - 2:30 pm
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Take a look at how Michael Foods is giving back to the community during this difficult time!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prevents bad eggs from contaminating finished products and ensures quality of eggs entering breaking room.
- Removes all yolk from whites to ensure a high quality product during the separation process.
- Keeps machine running at top production speeds and follows each day’s responsibilities. (whole egg vs. separating)
- Follows USDA regulations.
- Checks cleanliness, air pressure, water pressure, amount of chemicals, and fullness of flats on the machines continuously during each shift.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Safely lifts, carries and dumps 30-50 lbs. buckets into augers.
- Rotates with floor person as needed.
- Adheres to safe work practices, following GMP’s, maintaining sanitary conditions and ensuring that product quality is maintained. Reports to management if any conditions or practices may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Willing to travel and work at multiple locations.
- Correctly cleans, drys, and tags flats.
- Hauls racks and stacker, ties and picks up all material neatly in the proper amounts and heights.
- Dumps inedible buckets from machines being loaded after the end of the shift clean up.
- Ensures that ARUs are set up for production.
- Communicates with the supervisor, maintenance and operators about any safety, maintenance or production problems throughout the shift.
- Assists with the breaker operators
- Assists in proper rotation of shell egg inventory (FIFO)
- Able to perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Less than high school education.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
- Capability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form.
- Capability to understand and follow oral instruction.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks at a time (tripping cups, cleaning whites, etc.)
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Open to change.
- Positive interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work independently and with others in a team environment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Capable of safely lifting 75 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid environments.
- Ability to tolerate constant motion.
- Able to climb and move above, below and into tight spaces.
- Ability to work in high humidity conditions and around USDA required cleaning solutions.
- Free of any breathing asthmatic conditions, dusty and aromatic conditions prevail.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)