ABOUT BOB EVANS FARMS
Our founder, Bob Evans, often said, "Everybody is somebody at Bob Evans." Our team could not have learned from a better farmer, neighbor, or visionary. When you join the Bob Evans Farms family, you're joining employees who embody the values of hard work, honesty, and teamwork.
There's a re-awakening that's taking place at Bob Evans Farms, and we know that people make it all happen. Be it at our corporate headquarters, in a production plant, or in our Transportation division, you'll have opportunity to grow with the BEST. Join us as we revolutionize what should be the happiest time of the day - mealtime!
Senior Manager - Public Relations & Communications
Bob Evans Farms operates in multiple convenience foods categories within grocery and club. It holds #1 market positions in three major categories. This winning brand has been experiencing strong growth, a trend it’s expecting to continue mostly through its leadership in the refrigerated dinner and breakfast categories. In addition to its flagship Bob Evans brand, the Bob Evans Farms portfolio proudly includes Owens, Simply Potatoes, Egg Beaters, Davidson’s and Pineland Farms.
Bob Evans Farms products are distributed nationally in retailers throughout North America. This includes national grocery chains like Kroger, Safeway, Whole Foods Market, and SuperValu; mass merchants Target and Walmart; as well as club stores and via e-commerce.
The Senior Public Relations/Communications Manager is a critical marketing leader responsible for the strategic development of high-quality consumer, employee and customer communications as it relates to all brands in the portfolio.
This senior level manager drives revenue and market share growth, and increases awareness and reach, by delivering best-in-class public relations and communications programs and campaigns. They will develop (in conjunction with Director, Communications) and deliver community, employee and customer communication strategies and tactics within the following specialty areas:
- campaign and program strategy/development/amplification/management
- consumer and community programs/promotions
- product/brand publicity and communications
- budget management of marketing investment
- agency management
- event management
- content creation
- sponsorship strategy/management
Examples include project brief development, planning and execution, partner with digital/social (website, influencer, social media, owned media) and graphics teammates and agency partners. Some of the measures this role will be evaluated on include commitment to consumer engagement and programs that provide strong ROI and improved social sentiment.
- Provide goals and compelling sense of direction re: communications and programming for the communications and brand teams
- Build, motivate and unify team to deliver their best work against public relations, communications programs and events
- Develop and manage strategies to achieve Bob Evans Farms corporate goals and KPIs
- Drives innovative thinking amongst agencies, marketing communications and brand teams based on knowledge of specialty, communications tools and competitive landscape
- Partners with internal team and cross-functional agency partners to execute communications plans, including PR and media relations, cause marketing, community relations, plant relations, etc.
- Partner with owned media/digital, social media and graphics – internal and agencies
- Recognize and apply communications management budget and measurement parameters to planning process; build in monthly/quarterly spend flexibility, act as steward of the budgets/manage to approved budgets
- Conduct pre- and post-analyses, providing recommendations to apply learnings and maximize ROI
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both written and verbal, required to keep other functional areas apprised of and engaged in initiatives
- Demonstrate ability to drive team to plan and execute holistically across all channels
- Develop project briefs based off of brand key objectives and ROI, then get brand/marketing communications approvals and executes and report results
- Develop and guide team to focus on results, proactively ensuring strong measurement plans are in place and are delivering necessary learning & actionable implications
- Working with the brand and agency partners, guide fiscal year and specialty planning processes (tie key issues, strategies, and tactics together to create impactful specialty plans that address business needs)
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of CPG experience, event management and consumer promotions. Preference of a minimum of 8 years overall experience in Communications/Public Relations, Marketing or PR Agency
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Recently Viewed Jobs
Bob Evans Farms is constantly improving our sustainability and reducing our environmental impact at our manufacturing facilities, transportation center, and corporate campus. We partner with our suppliers to purchase products that are energy efficient, sustainably manufactured, and environmentally safe.LEARN MORE
History and Legacy
For more than 60 years, Bob Evans Farms has been delivering farm-fresh goodness — delicious, quick-to-table farm-fresh foods that are sold in grocery stores all over the country.LEARN MORE